In The Jungle

Thursday, August 13, 2009

!YOUR a BARBIE bitch!





Natural beauty is always a plus, but there is never anything wrong with perfection, by a little enhancement. I have to admit I consider myself that token light skinned girl , who use to have shitty ass acne and had to turn to make-up as an alternative. Yea, that was me ,I got that acne trait from my good ole dad ::rolls eyes:: lol (ugh, doesn’t it seem like all bad genes come from daddy?? ). I got into make-up heavy in High School and even now at the tender age of 22 its still my addiction, but yet prescription to happiness, as it serves as a guilty pleasure. Although I still get the occasional “that time of the month bump”, and have minimal breakouts after coming home from a long night, passing out and failing to wash the makeup off, my face is for the most part break out free. I learned the do’s and don'ts of make-up early on and am loyal to specific brands.


So0o0o with that said , I put together a list of products that are a MUST try/have, I highly recommend them.

LIVE/LOVE/LAUGH/ ALTHOUGH YOU ARE MADE BEAUTIFUL,
some assembly is required,
YOUR A BARBIE BITCH!
------------------------------


LIPS

L’OREAL Hip Jelly Balm- I love it, it's like a light soothing balm that comes in a variety of VIBRANT colors. Its sure to be a treat! MUST HAVE
Retail=$9.00

MAC Prep+Prime lip- I always apply this prime before I put on any color based lipstick. It helps to smooth, moisturize and refine the lips. It’ll make the color POP and leave no need to blot.
Retail=$14.50

MAC Viva Glam Lipstick= I love, love, love viva Glam lipstick 1. it has a beautiful finish 2. IT doesn’t wear off and 3. Every cent is donated to the MAC AIDS fund to support those living with HIV and AIDS. So not only are you fierce’ing it up, you are contributing to a good cause.
Retail= $14.00
Preferred colors= Viva glam III & VI


CHANEL GLOSSIMER- Ok, so I have a confession, like a year ago I gave in to temptation and opted to get a Macy’s card. At the time it was my first credit card and I would charge ANYTHING on it lol….I think I was a sophomore in college and we took a trip to a near by mall. It was there I was stopped in my tracks, and solicited to purchase a GLOSSIMER, & it has been my mistress ever since (shh…I cheat on my juicy tube). . IT has intense frost, ultra-glossy look and sparkles and shines, what else does a girl need right??
Retail= $27.00


LANCOME Juicy Tube- This is my favorite lip Gloss PERIOD. I cannot stand lip glass by MAC because I find it blah and boring and not to mention it tends to get a funny smell if kept for too long. Juicy Tubes are perfect to wear with lipstick as a finisher or alone. I prefer the Juicy’s with sparkling affect but they come in a whole array of colors and types for you to choose from. THIS IS A MUST HAVE
Retail= $15and ^
---------------------------


CHEEKS

MAC Lustre Drops- Not everyone enjoys the dramatic affect and when it comes to choosing a blush often prefer to play it safe and subtle and if that describes you Lustre is certainly for you. It gives you a natural-looking (emphasis on NATURAL) highlight which is accompanied by a shimmer finish it works more as a bronzer. ITS MAGIC
Retail: $18.50
Preferred color: bronze hero


MAC blush crème- This blush is made in a soft and creamy base which makes it a miracle worker when it comes to blending. Its easy to blend in with foundation to exhibit a more natural yet not so subtle finish. The look is slightly shiny and vibrant because its made to stand out, perfect for the more daring side of you or seductive night out.
Retail= $18.50
Preferred colors= Lilicent & Posey
---------------------------


FACE

LANCOME La Base Pro/Perfecting makeup primer- This is a oil free primer that I use often. IT creates a smooth canvas for a more perfected look. Primer helps the color of the make-up to stay vibrant and exhibit a air-brushed finish that’ll last all day.
Retail= $42.00


MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 foundation- I tend to use this for concealing purposes and use it only on selective parts of my face and do not apply it heavily. IT is a creamy gel based foundation and can provide medium build to high coverage and if too much is applied it can get cakey or artistry (not to mention, I usually use a powdered finish anyway). When applied lightly it will leave a satin finish and it revitalizes the skin while smoothing it out..
Retail= $29.50

LANCOME Maquicomplet-I use this creamy concealer to hide a fresh blemish. It covers imperfections with a natural looking finish.
Retail- $27.50

MAC Blot Powder pressed- I often use this powder with the studio sculpt foundation. Its primarily designed to provide shine control which is a plus. See often when you use a high color liquid or gel foundation it can appear runny or extra shiny later on, so this powder eliminates any possibility of runny make-up without appearing overly dry by locking moisture in.
Retail=$21.00

MAC Select Sheer/ loose- This is a translucent featherweight\ powder that mattes the skin but keeps a natural flow. If you need zero shine control (because you have dry skin), I would also recommend this to be combined with studio sculpt foundation.
Retail=$21.00


MAC Select Moistureblend SPF 15- This is a creamy compact foundation that offers medium to high coverage. If you are someone who just detest combining powder and liquid foundation because of the whole layered look (liquid base then powder) this is perfect for you. You can get away with just applying this. IT is perfect for dry skin because it adds a moisture finish. It also offers UV and anti-oxidant protection.
Retail= 29.50


---------------------------

EYES
MAC Brow Finisher= I adore this product. Personally I hate drawing/filling in my eyebrows I rather them look freshly done and the brow finisher is perfect to assure your brow keeps its definition. This product is formulated to shape and hold..
Retail= $15.00

LANCOME powder pencil for brows/ Le Crayon Poudre- For those who prefer to fill in and reshape your brows I would highly suggest this pencil. At one end, there is a powder pencil and at the other is a pretty neat brush to blend and groom. I use this often when I’m going out and seek a dramatic affect, I must say it is a miracle worker at times..lol
Retail= $23.50

MAC Zoom Lash mascara- This has always been my favorite mascara that Mac had to offer, I remember my friends use to beg me to use it (aww memories). It ELEVATES your eyelashes to the umph degree…Its simply amazing. A MUST HAVE
Retail= $15.00


L’OREAL Volume shocking Waterproof mascara- it’s a 2 step volume constructer that builds super lush lashes with extreme volume. Adore it!
Retail= $9.50 and ^



MAC EYE Kohl- Hands down, the best eye pencil liner. It comes in a variety of rich colours, and the silky smooth matte/pearl finish defines and shades the eyes to make them POP.
Retail= $14.50


LANCOME Color Design/sensation effects eye shadow smooth hold- This eye shadow is LONG-LASTING with extreme blend ability and is available in a palette of multiple shades in five finshes..SWEET.
Retail=16.50

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin